Heritage Village is a living history site within the 450-acre This Is The Place Heritage Park. In more than 40 original and replica homes and businesses you will find villagers who demonstrate crafts, trades and home-making skills typical of 19th Century Utah.
In many of homes and businesses you will also find hands-on crafts for children to do and make, as well as pioneer chores, school lessons and farm animals to see and pet. Do not forget the pony rides! Kids and adults alike can ride the train or horse-drawn wagons.
As part of the Heritage Village experience, everyone also gets an educational glimpse into the daily life of the pioneers who settled the West.
Admission is: $8/adults, $6/children (3-11) and seniors (55+).
Hours: Monday thru Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.;
limited programming Sundays, 9 a.m. -5 p.m.
In addition to our daily programming, we offer:
- Hand-cart Day Treks to youth/young adult groups, and a Pioneer Courting & Etiquette experience;
- School Tours for elementary and junior high school students that conforms with the State Board of Education history curriculum;
- Dinner Theater on selected nights, featuring a musical comedy “Utah, Welcome Home”;
- Monday Night Concert series. A limited portion of the village is open to the public 5p.m.- 8p.m. Concerts begin at 6:00p.m.
- Building Rentals for weddings, business meetings and other occasions;
- Dining at the Monument Café or the Huntsman grill
Heritage Village is not just a place to see, it is an experience you will always remember. Join us for fun and learning where a whole lot of yesterdays happen every single day!
More information is available at (801)582-1847 or www.thisistheplace.org. The park is located at 2601 East Sunnyside Ave (800 South), Salt Lake City.
For more information address inquiries to:
This Is The Place Heritage Park
2601 Sunnyside Avenue
Salt Lake City, Utah 84108-1453